We’ve had a heat wave in Southern California for the past week. Nearly 100 degree temperatures plus humidity, day after day. It’s been uncomfortable to say the least.
Still it was a great time to try out two products that were recently sent to me. I received two cans of Dove Invisible Dry Spray Antiperspirants. The product line is new and I tried the sheer fresh and clear finish.
These sprays give you 48-hour protection from odor and wetness and they won’t stain your clothes – I love that!
It’s always so annoying to see white chalky deodorant marks on your clothes, especially when you’re wearing a dark top or dress. This antiperspirant has been tested to be invisible on 100 colors of clothing – not just dark clothes.
The heat wave is over but I’m glad I had the chance to try this new spray. I’ll be feeling fresh day every day and my clothes won’t have marks either.
Check out the gorgeous cover of the summer issue of Real Weddings Magazine.
I wrote eight “Real Wedding” features for this issue. Read the online edition here: Real Weddings Summer/Fall 2017
I was honored to be invited to the Neiman Marcus Fall 2015 Fashion Show!
During the show for local writers and bloggers, the retailer’s Style Advisor Alex Yanez showcased some of the great looks he’s styled for the season, including fringe, white on white ensembles and lots of layering.
Enjoy the photos and check out the fashion trends you’ll see this autumn.
- Fall fashion has a Bohemian and Folkloric feel, says Yanez.
- Fringe is popular, which Yanez says is all about “fun and movement.”
- Duster jackets and ponchos
- Lots of layers
- Tunic lengths
- Floral looks
- “Red is the color of the season,” says Yanez, explaining it’s good to mix reds. One of the models he styled wore head to toe red, including a crimson Diane Van Furstenberg dress with a red Burberry scarf and a red leather jacket.
- Mixing texture
- Winter white and layering white on white
- Bucket bag
- Saddle bags, a new silhouette, which can be worn crossbody too, says Yanez.
- Platform shoes with chunky heels
- Long layered necklaces
- Mixing gold with silver
- “Jeweling up the ear”
- Leather leggings under shorter dress. Yanez calls leggings, “a great alternative to traditional hosiery.”
- The look for men is casual, yet polished, says Yanez.
- Lots of layers
- Wearing hoodies under blazers
- Luxe looks are in
- Biker jeans
- Return of the backpack, which Yanez says makes men “look younger and hipper.”
- Mid-top sneakers
- Mixing greens